Were you looking for the Public Beta rules?
- 1 The Rules
- 1.1 §1) Preface
- 1.2 §2) Account Usage
- 1.3 §3) Sharing Means of Connection
- 1.4 §4) Code of Conduct
- 1.5 §5) Pushing
- 1.6 §6) Bugs
- 1.7 §7) Bots, Scripts, Macros and Proxies
- 1.8 §8) Buying and Sales
- 1.9 §9) Fair Play
- 1.10 §10) Miscellaneous
The West ("the game") is an online browser game developed and distributed by InnoGames GmbH ("InnoGames"). The game can be used by you as a User ("player") via computers, mobile devices, consoles, access points to the Internet, virtual or real networks ("means of connections") and can be played under certain game rules ("the rules") to ensure a fair game play experience for all players. As a player of The West, you may register an account allowing you to access multiple game servers ("game worlds"). The rules are defined by InnoGames and applied by the support and moderation team of InnoGames ("the team"). By registering an account on the game, you are committed to follow the rules. The team will ensure that the terms of the rules are met by warnings and punishments ("bans"). A player that has bought premium currency will be subjected to the same rules and bans as all other players.
§2) Account Usage
Each player must only play one account per world. It is not allowed to disclose your password to other players, nor is it allowed to use a same known password.
You are not allowed to play or look after another player’s account. An account can only be played by one player.
As the game is localized in several versions, players shall always use the language (LANGUAGE) in this version, this applies, but is not limited to messages, player profiles and such. Foreign quotes and phrases may be used in contextually appropriate situations.
Advertising of any kind is not allowed, this includes using any means to mass deliver messages.
- it is allowed for two players to use the same means of connection, provided each player only controls the actions of his/her assigned account.
- every player sharing a means of connection must abide by rule §3.
- it is forbidden to play for another player, even if he/she is temporarily unavailable.
- it is forbidden to force or attempt entry into another player's account.
- it is forbidden to log into the accounts of other players for any reason.
- it is forbidden to extort or blackmail another player for login details.
§3) Sharing Means of Connection
Players, knowingly, sharing an Internet connection and/or a device and operating accounts on the same world may not interact with each other within the game (be it, but not limited to dueling).
It is not permitted for players sharing a means of connection to interact with the same third party (be it, but not limited to dueling) after at least 12 hours has passed between the actions.
It is allowed:
- to join the same Town and/or Alliance.
- to participate in the same Fort Battle or Adventure.
- to trade with each other.
- to use the bank transfer feature to transfer in-game cash to each other.
It is forbidden:
- to duel each other.
- to place bounties on each other.
§4) Code of Conduct
Players are expected to treat other players with respect and conduct themselves in an appropriate manner while playing the game.
The game is intended for all people above 16 years old, hence all type of behavior and/or content such as, but not limited to profanity, pornography, extreme politics, xenophobia, unlawful behavior and substances are prohibited.
It is allowed:
- to call a player a noob (novice) and similar respectful taunts.
- to link suitable YouTube videos;
- to link other games or platforms operated by InnoGames.
It is forbidden:
- to violate or harm other players physically or mentally.
- to name your Town with offensive or inappropriate terms.
- to glorify terrorist acts or persons.
- to insult players via the in-game communication system.
- to post chain letters or spam mail.
- to post advertisement links and referrer-links.
- to impersonate a member of the team.
- to discriminate against players based on, but not limited to their origins, race, religion, creed, sex, disability, age or any relevant category.
- to threaten another player in order to obtain in-game favors or premium currency.
- to mask profanity with symbols.
- to mask insults with figurative language.
- to publish any in-game support correspondences provided by the team on a public domain.
Pushing refers to an exploitative use of the game to provide experience/cash/items to other account(s). Specifically, a player may not participate in a prearranged duel or bounty or Fort Battle or Adventure to achieve an organised outcome and provide or obtain inordinate amounts of experience/cash/items/veteran points.
A player owning more than one account on different worlds may only participate in an Adventure with one account at a time. A player may not participate in an Adventure with intentions to lose or draw, thus providing the opposing team and/or their team with unmerited rewards.
Additionally, it is prohibited creating accounts in order to provide or receive unmerited rewards via the referral system.
The game is not a final product and is in constant development and improvement, as such it is expected that errors may be encountered. Using bugs and/or exploits to your or another player's advantage is forbidden. If a bug is encountered it should be reported to the team.
- players having too many unique items must be reported.
- spelling error don't need to be reported.
§7) Bots, Scripts, Macros and Proxies
The game is intended to be played on "normal" browsers without the use of automated processes. Players can make use of scripts that have been published in the specific forum area and respectively allowed by the team. Until a script has been approved publicly by the team, it is considered as illegal and it’s not allowed to be used.
The use of proxies and other ways of concealing the connection between player and servers is forbidden, nevertheless players in special cases may apply for an exemption.
- It is prohibited to use a program that automatically queues work for a player.
- The use and/or distribution of any third party installation that simulates a premium service is forbidden.
§8) Buying and Sales
It is not allowed to buy, sell, trade or gift accounts or its parts outside the game features.
It is allowed:
- to trade items for in-game dollars via the in-game market.
- to put a bounty on another player via the wanted posters.
It is forbidden:
- to negotiate with other players parts of the account for premium currency such as, but not limited to items, bonds and others.
- to offer or acquire services (duels and such) or benefits from other players in exchange for premium currency.
§9) Fair Play
The West is a game, and the team are the referees. All disputes about rules breaches and ambiguous cases are the responsibility of the team and all the decisions are final. Any abuse of the team or support system may result in a ban of the account from the game and/or from the support system.
When deemed necessary, InnoGames might change parts or the sum (including delete, or edit) of accounts, worlds, configurations, and other aspects of the game, including these rules, at any time. A change will be announced in an appropriate manner. A player is not applicable for reimbursement or a refund on premium currency and/or premium services used if they have been banned, leave the game or the account is deleted.